Sep 24, 2023
Have you ever dreamed about starting your own company, managing operations for a global corporation, or finding other ways to use your talent in the business world? Whether you want to work for a startup, small business, Fortune 500 company, nonprofit or government organization, a business administration degree gives you the skills and experience you need to get hired and ethically contribute. If you are looking for a major you can use in nearly any business setting around the globe; this is the program for you.
Visit the Business Administration academic program page for more information about the academic experience, who you will learn from, opportunities outside of class and what you can do with this degree.
Visit the School of Management page for contact information, a brief overview of the school and the curricular options.
- Complete prerequisite courses
- Minimum 2.500 prerequisite GPA
- Minimum UB GPA of 2.500
- Minimum overall GPA 2.500
- 60 earned credit hours
Current UB students seeking admission to the Business Administration BS should submit the Major Change Request form.
Prerequisite Courses (25 credits)
Business Administration Core (36 credits)
Data Analytics Requirements (21-25 credits)
Total Credits Required for Major: 82-86
Additional Degree Requirements Include:
- Additional coursework to fulfill UB Curriculum requirements
- Elective courses as needed to complete the 120 credit hour total
Total Credits Required for Graduation: 120
Total Credit Hours Required represents the minimum credits needed to complete this program, and may vary based on a number of circumstances. This should not be used for financial aid purposes.
- Students must successfully complete the seven business administration prerequisite courses to be permitted to take the required courses for the major and meet the stated minimum admission requirements (2.500 prerequisite GPA, 2.500 UB GPA, 2.500 overall GPA, and 60 earned credit hours). If a course is repeated, the School of Management will only look at the grade earned the second time, even if the grade is lower than the grade earned the first time. Students may not enroll in any major-related course (including prerequisites) for a third attempt.
- After beginning the required courses for the major, students must maintain a minimum UB and Major GPA of 2.000 and successfully complete all degree requirements for degree conferral.
- The data analytics concentration is a competitive limited enrollment program (50 students per year) and requires a separate application at the end of the spring of the junior year. Admission occurs only for the fall semesters. Applications are available in the School of Management Undergraduate Academic Programs Office in 204 Alfiero Center. In addition to strong performance through junior year, especially in quantitative courses and technology courses, applicants must have an officially declared primary concentration (Entrepreneurship, Financial Analysis, Human Resource Management, Management Information Systems, Marketing, and Operations and Supply Chain) to be eligible to apply.
Transfer Credit Policy
Courses at the upper division (300 and 400 level) must be articulated or approved from other four-year AACSB Accredited Institutions.
Third-years with exemplary first and second-year records and high promise for leadership and independent study, may be eligible for the School of Management honors program. Students must have an overall GPA of at least 3.500 to be eligible to apply. Admitted students complete 9 additional credit hours of coursework over three semesters, including MGB 359 , 6 “Flex Credits”, MGB 360 , MGB 361 , and must take the designated honors section of MGO 403 . Students must also meet the remaining criteria outlined in the Academic Honors policy. Students who successfully complete the honors program and meet the criteria will have the appropriate notation on their official transcript.
A Curricular Plan provides a roadmap for completing this academic program and the UB Curriculum on time. Your actual plan may vary depending on point of entry to the university, course placement and/or waivers based on standardized test scores, earned alternative credit and/or college transfer credit.
Total Credits Required: 120
Note: Some classes may count toward both a major and UB Curriculum requirement.
The University at Buffalo School of Management Undergraduate Programs are committed to making a difference in the lives of our students, guided by a culture of responsibility and mutual respect. The over-arching goal of our program is to develop a well-rounded business professional who is capable of:
- Leading through innovation and embracing positive change.
- Applying quantitative analysis and critical thinking skills to solve problems and develop opportunities.
- Communicating effectively, including both clarity of message and professionalism.
- Fostering collaboration to achieve organizational goals.
- Thriving in a global business environment.
The hallmark of a School of Management graduate should be a highly skilled, emotionally mature and culturally sensitive professional with a strong sense of integrity and ethics. Our program prepares students to enter directly into their chosen career path or to apply to graduate school upon completion of our bachelor’s degree.