Dec 03, 2023
Introductory Courses (6 credits) **
Spanish Core (18 credits)
- Two 200-level SPA courses
- Four 300- or 400-level SPA courses
- SPA 314 counts toward the Spanish major or minor and fulfills the UB Curriculum Communication Literacy 2 (CL2) requirement as well.
- Three courses for the minor may fulfill the UB Curriculum Global Pathway requirement through the Language and Culture track. Alternatively, courses for the minor may help fulfill the Global Reflection track or the International Experience track of the Global Pathway. Please use the Pathfinder tool to learn more about sequences and options.
- **These totals may vary depending on the level at which the student begins study at UB. Students demonstrably prepared to begin at the 200 level are deemed to have satisfied the prerequisites, and for them the total credits required for the minor are thus 18 rather than 24.
Total Credits Required for Major: 24
Total Credit Hours Required represents the minimum credits needed to complete this program, and may vary based on a number of circumstances. This chart should not be used for financial aid purposes.
- Minimum GPA of 2.000 overall
- Minimum GPA of 2.000 in spanish coursework.
Transfer Credit Policy
- at least 50% of required credits for the minor be completed via Spanish courses taken on campus.
- Develop language competence and communicative strategies.
- Apply knowledge of language history.
- Identify and utilize linguistic core concepts.
- Identify and analyze rhetorical strategies in different texts and genres.
- Apply knowledge of cultural and theoretical contexts.
- Locate and interpret sources and produce original research.
- Incorporate sources and modes of analysis from multiple disciplines and media.
- Appraise material critically.
- Recognize and cultivate personal growth.